Weekly Technical view on STI
Weekly wrap of STI:
This was a bullish week for the STI, opened at3209 and an uptrend was observed which took STI for a new levels and made a high of 3259 further closed at 3253. A long green candle was formed for the week.
|Support 1||Support 2||Support 3||Resistance 1||Resistance 2||Resistance 3|
- Singapore made 5.1% growth in Q1 GDP on YOY basis as the announcement made by the Ministry of Trade & Industry.
- The major sector that lead the GDP growth was manufacturing which grew 8% on YOY basis and 7% in the previous Quarter.
- Slowdown in the annual economy growth of China between Jan-Mar 2014 to 7.4 % from 7.7 % in the previous three months.
- Fall of 9.5 % in Retail Sales for Feb on YOY basis due to seasonal factors as Chinese New Year took place in Feb last Year.
- Singapore’s March home sales dropped to a three-month low as first-quarter private residential prices fell the most in five years.
- Home sales slid 83% to 480 units last month compared with 2,793 in the same period a year ago, according to data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority released today. Sales fell 35% from February, the data showed.
- Singapore Non-Oil Domestic export fell 6.6 on where there was a jump of 8.9% in Feb. Reason for the downfall was decline in electronics and non-electronics shipments, electronic export droped 3.7% Feb where 16.1% in Mar.
Technical Indicators are showing the uptrend where RSI is above the centre line @61.21 else CCI is @ 179.12 which means that there is still a fair move for STI to take upside.
|STRAIT TIMES WEEKLY WRAP|
|CHANGE (In Points)||55.58|
STI Market Forecast for week ahead:
For this week STI almost covered a range of 43 points with few gap up opening on the daily chart, else STI broke the major resistance in this week, the next resistance for STI comes at 3285 and support at 3220 as it formed a long green candle, for the day with a short upper and lower shadow.
For the coming week a consolidation phase is expected more as there were the gap up openings in few trading sessions, else STI can break the resistance with good fundamentals & economic news for the next week.
KLCI Market Forecast for week ahead
KLCI is performing at its crucial support of 1850 and for the whole week it moving around the same level a tight range can be noticed on the chart with a little low volume for the coming week a recovery is expected in KLCI and the major resistance would be @1863 else support @ 1840.